Get to know the Scanmarker Reader
Discover Scanmarker Reader, an exceptional assistive reading tool designed specifically for readers with difficulties such as dyslexia or bilingual needs. This powerful device is tailored to support individuals facing challenges in reading, making it an invaluable tool for overcoming barriers.
Whether you're a student, professional, or an avid reader Scanmarker Reader is here to empower you on your reading journey.
Experience the future of assistive reading technology today!
GETTING STARTED WITH YOUR SCANMARKER READER
We recommend charging the Scanmarker Reader for 3 hours before using it for the first time.
Charge your Scanmarker Reader using the included USB cable connected to your computer.
**Scanmarker Reader must be connected to a device computer, tablet or mobile with an internet connection for complete functionality.
Turning your scanner ON/OFF
To turn ON: Press the clear tip to the surface for 3 seconds. The two lights, green and blue, will turn on.
*The green light indicates the battery. It will start flashing when it needs to be recharged. The green light flashes slowly while charging and turns solid when fully charged.
* Blue light is Bluetooth indication. The blue light flashes when the scanner is powered on and stays solid when connected to a device.
To turn OFF:
Click (quickly and gently) the tip onto the surface three (3) times
*Scanmarker Reader will automatically power off after 12 minutes of inactivity (or 2 minutes in disconnected mode).
*Note: An internet connection is required if you always use Scanmarker.
Connect with: COMPUTER , LAPTOP - ANDROID MOBILE
To use the Scanmarker Reader with a computer or laptop running Windows or macOS OR MOBILE ANDROID, you can follow these steps:
- Launch the Chrome browser
- Open the Scanmarker web app by visiting the following link in your Chrome browser:
A registration window will open up.
When you enter the application for the first time, you will need to sign up and create an account.
After signing up with your email address and password, we will send you a confirmation email.
After confirming your email, you can sign in to the Scanmarker application using your chosen email and password.
Signing in is only required the first time you use the application on a new device.
If you have trouble registering, please contact us at email@example.com
Scanmarker Reader for iOS
Download and install Scanmarker App
Search for the "Scanmarker Reader" app on the App store / Google Play and download it to your device.
*Ensure your mobile device has Bluetooth turned on
CONNECTING YOUR SCANMARKER READER
- Turn on Scanmarker
- Open the Scanmarker Reader on your mobile app.
- Select Start in the Scanmarker app to start searching for your pen name. The pen name is on the back of the device.
- Tap the name of your scanner when it appears below the Select Scanner message.
- You should see a message that the scanner has successfully connected.
- The icon
- If the blue light is on, but you are not connecting to your device, please check if you are connecting to another previously paired device (such as a computer).
- Please close the Scanmarker application on the other device and try again
Read Selected: Reads a selected text or the whole paragraph
Read Live : Reads in selected language the text while scanning
Reading speed : Allows you to change voice and speed of reading. Some languages have up to 8 voices options.
- Hold your scanner at a 30- 60 degree angle
- Place the transparent tip of the scanner slightly before the start of the line to be scanned, and end the scanning motion after the end of the line.
- Ensure the text you want to scan is centered in the tip when scanning (Scanmarker will keep following the first line it originally detected).
- Scans in a smooth and quick motion.
- Avoid applying excessive pressure while scanning.
- Practice scanning on the Test Device Screen until you are satisfied with the results.
- When scanning multiple lines of text, there is no need to wait for the first line to appear on the screen before scanning the next line.
If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are always here to help.
Still, need help? You can schedule a live demo session to connect with our team via online chat on Zoom to walk you through. Link to the meeting on our website and Here